This conference is held each year by the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) Allegheny District in Canonsburg, PA.
EFCA Allegheny District Conference Website
Each years conference subject is based upon 1 of the 10 Statements of Faith of the EFCA. This year was from Statement 1:
God1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
A wonderful time of teaching and fellowship was had indeed.
My local church fellowship is with Ironworks Pike Community Church, in Georgetown, KY, USA.
Arianna have been attending there for over a year now, and are very involved in this church.
This morning we visited our last church, Bluegrass Bible Fellowship, in Richmond, KY, USA, which is a brethren assembly.
With the Trinity of God still heavily on my mind this morning, during the Breaking of Bread meeting I read out these following verses:
Isaiah 44:6 NKJV
(6) "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
Revelation 1:8-18 NKJV
(8) "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
(9) I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
(10) I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
(11) saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
(12) Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
(13) and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
(14) His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
(15) His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
(16) He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
(17) And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
(18) I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Those who are familiar with the brethren style of the Breaking of Bread meeting will know and understand that it is not a teaching meeting, and the verses are used to remind ourselves of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to worship Him.
I did point out how Isaiah absolutely declares that there is only 1 God, who declares that He is the "First and the Last".
Revelation also uses the same phrase, and even expands it to use "Alpha and Omega", the first and last of the Greek alphabet. This Lord in Revelation applies the phrase to Himself, and we see that He is Jesus, as He now lives, but "was dead".
Praise be to God for the Deity of Christ, the Almighty!